Heavy Duty Aftermarket
In November 2019, the Auto Care Association’s distributor community, the Aftermarket Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA) and the HDDA: Heavy Duty community united to form a single distribution-focused community under the Auto Care Association umbrella. Read press release
As Auto Care’s new home for the heavy-, medium- and light-duty distributors, AWDA speaks as one voice on behalf of distributors, manufacturers, professional service providers, and business service companies that serve the traditional aftermarket distribution supply chain.
The advantages of this integration to members that serve the heavy duty market are manifold:
- Massively increases clout when seeking access to Auto Care Association resources for HD-related projects.
- Reserved seats on the AWDA Board of Governors puts HD program groups and companies “at the table” with the largest and most sophisticated distributors in the aftermarket.
- AWDA’s Heavy Duty Advisory Council provides leadership, input and expertise on all manner of MD/HD-specific issues to both the AWDA and Auto Care Association boards.
- HD representation on the Auto Care Board and standing committees guarantee that HD-specific issues are considered and addressed.
- Creates a larger network for the purpose of collaboration, information-sharing, best practices and other types of partnerships that will benefit all members serving the entire aftermarket distribution marketplace.
- HD Participation on AWDA’s Manufacturers Advisory Council brings MD/HD manufacturers in contact with those serving other sectors of the aftermarket.
- Access to AWDA Conference and 1-on-1 meetings for MD/HD distributors and manufacturers open lines of communication with previously unknown or un-tapped suppliers and customers.
- Inclusion in the appropriate Industry Awards programs presented by AWDA and Auto Care that can be used for recognition, recruitment of new employees and promotional opportunities.
- Enhanced lobbying efforts for all aftermarket issues, including for MD/HD, through participation in ACPAC and various advocacy campaigns and activities.
Communicate more effectively with your trading partners
Get the right part, to the right place, at the right time using data standards to speak the same technical language as your customers. Simplify the way you exchange product information between you and your trading partners by utilizing the Product Information Exchange Standard (PIES). By using the PIES standard, it:
- Removes duplicated communication and distribution efforts
- Saves time and money
- Lowers supply chain costs
- Increases speed to market
- Contributes to increased sales, operational efficiencies, and reduced returns
October 30 - November 3, 2021
AWDA’s Annual Conference has delivered on the promise of valuable interaction through its efficient and highly effective one-on-one meetings. That tradition is continued and for 2021.
Monday, January 24 – Thursday, January 27, 2022 | Grapevine, TX
Be sure to join industry-leading distributors, manufacturers, WDs and manufacturers' reps to share knowledge and ideas that will impact your future success.
Mark your calendars for HDAW'22 as we return to in-person at The Gaylord Texan.
For more information
AAP, Executive Director, AWDA, HDDA