Import Vehicle Community Virtual Event
IHS Markit 5 Trends in 5 Minutes, Import Segment Panel Discussion
On Oct. 20, 2020, the Import Vehicle Community hosted a virtual event as part of AAPEX Virtual Experience's Webinar Series. The event featured Todd Campau, associate director, automotive solutions, IHS Markit, who highlighted key
industry trends impacting the global automotive aftermarket (with a special focus on the U.S. import market).
While the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread throughout the world, IHS Markit continues to evaluate and analyze global auto demand, the impact of COVID-19 on the industry and economy and how these changes will shape the future. Key takeaways included:
- Vehicle sales forecast and current miles driven;
- Trends impacting traditional aftermarket sweet spot as the population of older vehicles continues to rise; and
- The role of new technology in the global automotive aftermarket.
Following IHS Markit’s presentation, the Import Vehicle Community hosted a panel discussion featuring several top leaders in the industry. They discussed unique challenges and opportunities in the import vehicle aftermarket today, including:
- How we think the market will perform over the next 15 months;
- How changes in vehicle technology are impacting the independent aftermarket; and
- Understanding the competition posed to the independent aftermarket by the OES channel.
- Bob Cushing, President and CEO, WORLDPAC; EVP, Professional, Advance Auto Parts
- Bill Moss, Owner, EuroService Automotive; President, BIMRS
- Malcolm Sissmore, Vice President Sales, Delphi Technologies Aftermarket