Web-Based Catalog Award
About the Award
This category is for catalog application lookup that is purely browser-based (websites) and does not require any special client-side app to be installed. Web-based catalogs are evaluated on criteria such as design, navigation, use of technology, innovation, interactivity, and quality of content. The content must be data-driven and dynamically presented to the client browser in HTML. Static PDF files are not considered web-based catalogs. Current versions of Chrome, FireFox and Edge will be used by the judges to assess the content. Requiring browser extensions or plugins is acceptable.
- Company Type: Manufacturer/Remanufacturer
- Company Membership: Auto Care Association member in good standing
The web-based catalog award is judged by a panel of ACPN Committee members and volunteer automotive content professionals, utilizing the pre-defined judging guidelines outlined in this document.
- Each parent company may ONLY submit one entry.
- At least one representative from the submitting company must be present at the Knowledge Exchange Conference to accept the award in the event that the company is selected as an award recipient. If there is no representative present, the company will be restricted from submitting for any awards the following year.
- Entries must be received in full by the deadline (Entry Form, Participant Acknowledgement Form)
Judging GuidelinesThe following judging guidelines are utilized to judge Web-Based Catalogs (websites) submitted by ACPN members for the catalog awards presented at the annual Knowledge Exchange Conference. Six general areas are evaluated by scoring specific measurements on a scale from 1 to 4. The judges determine a total score by adding the general area scores using the weight percentages for each score. Each judge scores the web-based catalogs independently. Once all judges have submitted their total scores, the total scores from each judge are averaged for each catalog. The web-based catalog with the highest average score is considered the winner.
- First Impression
- Best Use of Screen Real Estate
- Use of Color
- Use of Graphics/Logos/Fonts
- Ability to View Images/Digital Assets Where Available
- Overall Aesthetic Impression/Professionalism
- Overall Ease of Use/Ability to Find What You Need
- Speed/Load Time
- Logical Organization/Layout
- Reasonable Number of Clicks to Find Something
- Site Map Provided/Help Features
- Filtering and Sorting Capability
- Basic Navigation Functions - Search by Vehicle, Taxonomy, Part, Keyword
- Part Number Search
- Buyers Guide
- Product Specifications/Attributes/Features & Benefits
- Product Image Coverage
- Ease of Cross Reference/Interchange Including OEM Lookup
- Schematics/Installation Instructions/Tech Tips
- Attractiveness of Mobile Experience
- Speed/Load Times
- Transitions Between Screens/Functions
- Internal & External Links Targeted Correctly
- Smart Recommendations (Cross selling based on repair occasion)
- Part Alias Search
- Lookup by Diagram/System
- Search History/Vehicle History Reference
- Overall Technical Impression/Professionalism
- How to Order/Where to Buy Feature
- Tech Support Phone Hotline
- Tech Support Chat
- Tech Support via Text Message
- Tech Support Email
- Ability to Provide Feedback/Ask Questions/Report Errors
- Other Value Added Catalog Features/Functions (i.e. VIN Code Scan or License Plate Decoder)
- Users Will Want to Return to Site for Parts Information
- Lasting Impression
highlights from previous award ceremonies
you could be next!
Each award-winning company is eligible to use the ACPN Content Excellence logo on company literature, mobile apps and websites. Contact ACPN@autocare.org for image files.
NTN Bearing Corporation
- Gold - Brembo North America
- Silver - Spectra Premium Industries, Inc.
- Bronze - Premium Guard, Inc.
- Gold - Spectra Premium Industries, Inc.
- Silver - Brembo North America
- Bronze - Standard Motor Products
- Gold - Spectra Premium Industries, Inc.
- Silver - Brake Parts, Inc.
- Bronze - NTN Bearing Corporation
- Gold - K&N Engineering, Inc.
- Silver - Mann+Hummel Filtration Technologies
- Bronze - Tenneco, Inc.