Women of the Year
Women in Auto Care annually honors deserving women throughout the industry with three Women of the Year Awards. Please note that winners must be employed by an Auto Care Association member company in order to accept the award.
Auto Care Woman of the Year
This award is presented to a woman who is a leader, mentor, and role model who has made significant and outstanding contributions to the auto care industry.
Female Shop Owner of the Year
This award is presented annually to an outstanding female shop owner who demonstrates role model behaviors, leadership and commitment to the advancement of women.
Auto Care Woman of Excellence
This award is presented annually to a woman who is a Women in Auto Care member and who has provided recent outstanding contributions to the auto care industry while demonstrating role model behaviors, leadership and commitment to the advancement of women.
She is considered a rising star in the industry.
Female Shop Team Member of the Year
This award will be presented annually to a female shop employee who has excelled in her role, demonstrating exceptional knowledge and skill and model behavior as a part of the shop team. This can include technicians, service writers, customer service, managers and any other roles within the shop.
Champion of the Year
This award will be presented annually to a Women in Auto Care Champion who goes above and beyond for the Women in Auto Care community. This individual volunteers their time, ideas, and talents to help engage and uplift our community.
2022 Award Winners
Woman of the Year
Kim Nolan, senior vice president, traditional market, BBB Industries
Shop Owner of the Year
Kristi Hudson, co-owner, Troy Auto Care II
Woman of Excellence
Kathleen Long, chief revenue officer, RepairPal
Shop Employee of the Year
Megan Dineff, manager, Ervine’s Auto Repair &
Grand Rapids Hybrid and EV
Champion of the Year
Tanya Hunt, commercial project manager, BBB Industries
highlights from previous award ceremonies
you could be next!
- Woman of the Year: Jilynna Greene, VP, Field HR Operations, AutoZone
- Shop Owner of the Year: Tara Topel, Owner, Topel's Service Center, Inc.
- Woman of Excellence: Anne Coffin, Director of Information Technology, Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, Inc.
- Woman of the Year: Lauren Beaulieu, Vice President Professional Marketing, Advance Auto Parts
- Shop Owner of the Year: Kim Auernheimer, Owner/ Business Manager, Cool Springs Automotive, LLC (dba CS Automotive)
- Woman of Excellence: Danielle Sonnefeld, VP of Business Development, N.A. Williams Company
- Woman of the Year: Jennifer Maher, Chief Executive Officer, TechForce Foundation and America’s Automotive Trust
- Shop Owner of the Year: Jamie Carlson, Owner, Ervine’s Auto Repair and Grand Rapids Hybrid
- Woman of Excellence: Cindy Frasca, Chief Operating Officer, Kukui
- Woman of the Year: Dawn Zieren, SVP Global and Strategic Initiatives, The NPD Group
- Shop Owner of the Year: Kathleen Callahan, Owner, Xpertech Auto Repair, Inc.
- Woman of Excellence: Nicole Huard, Manager - Data & Category Management, Robert Bosch, LLC
- Woman of the Year: Laura Soave, Executive VP, Merchandising, Marketing, Communications, and Commercial Strategy, Icahn Automotive Group LLC
- Shop Owner of the Year: Carolyn Coquilette, Owner, Technician, Luscious Garage
- Woman of Excellence: Jill Trotta, VP, Industry Advocacy & Sales, RepairPal, Inc.
- Woman of the Year: Amy Bonder, Executive Vice President, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC
- Shop Owner of the Year: Judy Zimmerman, Owner, Zimmerman's Automotive Service
- Woman of Excellence: Susan Ulrey, Vice President - FCA Global Business Unit, Tenneco, Inc.
- Woman of the Year: Tammy Tecklenburg, Partner, Tecklenburg Advisors
- Shop Owner of the Year: Pamela Gatto, President, Gatto's Tires & Auto Service
- Woman of Excellence: Vonda Lee, Partner, Supply Line International