New AWDA Officers, At-Large Governors Take Office
By Camille Sheehan
BETHESDA, Md. – November 20, 2020 – The Aftermarket Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA) Board of Governors today announced its newest officers and governors following the conclusion of the 2020 AWDA Virtual Conference, which took place Nov. 16-19. The new members joining the ranks of AWDA’s leadership will hold their positions for a two-year term, ending in 2022. As AWDA officers and governors, they will play an active role in providing policy advice and input to the Auto Care Association and the aftermarket industry at-large.
today, following the close of the conference, the 2020-2022 AWDA leadership will
- Chairman: Ryan Samuels, Samuels, Inc. – Vauxhall, N.J.
- Vice Chair: Ashlee Arnold, Arnold Oil Company – Austin, Texas
- Secretary: Dan Hanson, Jr., Hanson Distributing Co. – Azusa, Calif.
- Treasurer: Tim Trudnowski, Automotive Jobbers Supply – Spokane, Wash
Samuels succeeds Mauro Cifelli, Vast-Auto Distribution, who successfully led AWDA through the previous two years and remains on the AWDA Council as immediate past chairman.
“These new officers join a long and distinguished line of great leaders that AWDA has produced,” said Larry Northup, executive director, AWDA. “As volunteer leaders, all have a long history of association involvement and of course were also deeply engaged in their business operations during this difficult year. They’ve shared the challenges faced by all AWDA members these past months.”
Joining the AWDA Board as At-Large
- Alex Hortsch, Cost Less Auto Parts – Vancouver, Wash.
- Esperanza Izquierido, XL Parts Inc. – Jersey Village, Texas
- E. Fletcher Lord, III, Replacement Parts, Inc. – Little Rock, Ark.
- Trevor Martin, Vaca Valley Auto Parts – Fairfield, Calif.
- Kelly Peterson, ASAP Automotive Warehouse – Midvale, Utah
- Tina Hubbard, president and CEO, Heavy Duty America/Truck Pride
- Jeff Paul, vice president, VIPAR Heavy Duty, Inc.
Joining the AWDA Board will be the new vice chairman
of AWDA’s Manufacturers’ Advisory Council (MAC):
- Colby Florea, Gates Corporation – Denver, Colo.
“Without a doubt, AWDA’s tradition of excellence in leadership continues with this new group of Officers and Governors,” said Northup. “We look forward to working with all of them.”
To learn more about the AWDA and its leadership visit the AWDA community webpage or contact Larry Northup, executive director, AWDA, at email@example.com.