emerging technologies committee
The primary purpose of the Auto Care Emerging Technology Committee is to influence industry standards for Intelligent Mobility Technologies, specifically those related to vehicle connectivity and Automated Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). Our intent is to ensure the aftermarket’s continued direct access to vehicle data using a standardized, secure vehicle interface required to maintain and service connected and automated vehicles.
In addition, we expect retrofit devices adhering to these standards can deliver dependable and secure access to many of the advanced features and services available in new vehicles to the existing fleet of legacy vehicles. Recognizing the need for safe and consistent operation of such devices, our committee supports the design of test procedures and certification programs confirming aftermarket devices are correctly installed and perform as expected.
Jim Dykstra, Dytech
- Ryan Brander, Geotab
- Ryan Frisch, Hunter Engineering Company
- Ben Johnson, Mitchell 1
- Derek Kaufman, Schwartz Advisors, LLC
- Mike Kealey, Dorman Products, Inc.
- Rob Milstead, Genuine Parts Company/NAPA
- Dwayne Myers, Dynamic Automotive
- Malcolm Sissmore, Delphi Product & Service Solutions
- Adam Sworski, Valvoline
- Jason Winchester, CARDONE Industries, Inc.