MUNIC Showcases Remote Diagnostics and Vehicle Data Access Solution in Partnership with Auto Care Association to promote Right to Repair at AAPEX 2022
At AAPEX and in collaboration with the Auto Care Association, MUNIC demonstrates EKKO – a safe and secure remote vehicle access solution that brings a whole world of advance features such as remote full vehicle scan to inexpensive aftermarket telematics solutions.
PARIS and LAS VEGAS – November 2, 2022 – Easy and secure access to vehicle data is a key service awaited by the automotive industry for many years: to enable roadside assistance remote actions, send preventive vehicle alerts to vehicle owners, or remotely and proactively diagnose vehicles for a better repair and maintenance experience for the vehicle owner.
For many years, independent access has been either nonexistent or at best very limited, but latest technologies dramatically change the situation, enabling massive adoption and deployment possible:
- Continuous electronics performance improvement and cost reduction make the retrofit of any vehicle possible at the lowest cost.
- Edge computing enables decoding and processing of the terabytes of data generated by vehicles
- Security standards are available that efficiently protect both vehicle electronics and user private information: for example, the repair shop technician will only access the service authorized by the car owner.
- Connection on the other end with cloud diagnostics services and databases grant a complete access to vehicle systems and data.
- Use cases, services and business models have been matured for years and are ready for deployment.
During AAPEX, MUNIC will demonstrate different features:
- Creation of secured channel between 3rd party diagnostics cloud platform and the vehicle based on user consent.
- Real time retrieval of vehicle parameters including complete DTC scan and interpretation.
- Remote vehicle operation.
- Comprehensive Maintenance Vehicle Interface integrated in a traditional fleet management portal.
“MUNIC is proud to partner with the Auto Care Association to promote the right to repair through securing technologies for independent access to vehicles. Adoption of these technologies enable the automotive aftermarket to not only offer continued services to their customers but also improve them by dramatically changing their relation with vehicle owners,” said Aaron Solomon, CEO, MUNIC.
Building on 20 years’ experience and 3M+ devices in the field, MUNIC delivers a comprehensive portfolio of OBD Dongles and TCUs, associated with a powerful Cloud Platform for vehicle data analytics and services operation. Certified by multiple vehicle manufacturers, insurance providers, and stakeholders across all the automotive industry in America, Europe, Asia, Munic solutions rely on its unique combination of Edge Computing and EKKO Services platform. Munic works with service providers, resellers and integrators to create end-to-end solutions for insurance carriers, telecom carriers, vehicle manufacturers and distributors, car rental and leasing companies, service chains and fleet management service providers, tier-1 suppliers and tire manufacturers. Learn more at: http://www.munic.io