Auto Care Association and National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Announce 2020 World Class Technicians
By Camille Sheehan
BETHESDA, Md. – March 2, 2020 – The Auto Care Association today announced the latest recipients of the prestigious World Class Technician award, in partnership with the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). The two organizations provide this annual recognition to professional technicians who have achieved the extraordinary accomplishment of attaining ASE certification in 22 specific areas during the previous calendar year.
There are an estimated 879,000 technicians in the United States, with approximately 250,000 holding ASE certification. More than 2,000 technicians have earned the respected status of “World Class Technician” since its inception over 30 years ago.
The newest round of World Class Technicians includes:
- James K Adair Jr. — Phoenixville, Pa.
- Jason A Arst — Signal Hill, Calif.
- Brian Atwood — Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Clifford Beisler — Conover, N.C.
- Rodney B Bennett III — Beaufort, S.C.
- Jason P Branch Sr. — Castle Rock, Colo.
- Timothy R Burnley — Lewisville, Texas
- Brian P. Caycho — Narrowsburg, N.Y.
- Scott B Dickson — Jacksonville, Fla.
- Chris J Elkins — Adrian, Mich.
- Travis C Elliott — Windham, Maine
- Mike A Evans — Mesa, Ariz.
- Lucas A Ewald — Naples, Maine
- Thomas M Flentie — Oak View, Calif.
- David J Frank — Flint, Mich.
- Hayden E Frazier — Halifax, Mass.
- Reuben G Gosewisch — Saint Michael, Minn.
- Brian C Grabsky — Lombard, Ill.
- Brian S Haskell Jr. — Naples, Maine
- Joshua E Hassing — Augusta, Mich.
- Robert A Heintz — Hopatcong, N.J.
- Matthew E Heller — Park Ridge, Ill.
- Dennis L Higdon — Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Brandon S Homan — Saint Louis , Mo.
- Raymond B Jackson Jr. — Elkridge, Md.
- Randall A Kang — Fountain, Colo.
- Keith W Kelly — Tipp City, Ohio
- Kenneth D Kerbaugh — Needville, Texas
- Basil A Konnaris — Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- William D Krones — Mason City, Iowa
- Shane E Lally — Brookfield, Conn.
- Cody A Lana — Riverside, Iowa
- Marty J Leach — Imlay City, Mich.
- Kevin S Lockhart — Beaverdam, Va.
- David R Luka II — Grand Island, N.Y.
- Eric J Mattice — Bakersfield, Calif.
- Alejandro F Mayorga — Lompoc, Calif.
- Jason A Montini — Madison, Tenn.
- Angel Morales Jr. — Marana, Ariz.
- Ryan E Moraux — Fairhaven, Mass.
- Kevin Myers — Weymouth, Mass.
- Ryan L Oblak — Saltsburg, Pa.
- Fadi E Oweis — Jacksonville, Fla.
- John V Paolino Jr. — Pollock Pine, Calif.
- Kevin Paradis — Westford, Mass.
- Michael J Pritulsky — Mesa, Ariz.
- James M Przybylski — Batavia, Ill.
- Andrew R Ramirez — Lompoc, Calif.
- Mike J Ream — Defiance, Ohio
- Michael J Rodriguez — Mansfield Ctr, Conn.
- Shannon P Saili — Waipahu, Hawaii
- Michael L Sanders — Doyle, Calif.
- Michael R Sandmeier — Bel Air, Md.
- Michael P Schultz — Torrance, Calif.
- Richard Sena Jr. — Youngtown, Ariz.
- Gregory S Shelby — Canal Fulton, Ohio
- Patrick D Shine — Saint Charles, Mo.
- Stuart N. Simmons — O'Fallon, Mo.
- Kevin M Speaks — Duncanville, Texas
- Meredith D Spencer — Milford, Maine
- Daniel J Symeon — Tallahassee, Fla.
- Jeffrey W Tinsley — Dickson, Tenn.
- Erik C Ulintz — Grove City, Ohio
- Angel M Velazquez — Gurnee, Ill.
- Nelson Velazquez Jr. — Winfield, Ill.
- Steven M Vezensky — Lakemoor, Ill.
- John A Warrington — Tolland, Conn.
- Cleidus Shawn White — Imperial, Mo.
- Jeffrey J Wood — Saint Charles, Mo.
- William J Woods — Delta, Pa.
The Auto Care Association surveyed this year’s World Class Technician award recipients to learn about their career journeys, what motivated them to pursue the goal of ASE World Class Technician and what achieving this status means to them in their own words.
“I believe that earning ‘World Class’ status will allow me to show that there is so much more to being a technician than changing parts on a vehicle,” said Angel Morales, 2020 World Class Technician award recipient. “There is so much technology and engineering that goes into today's vehicles, technicians now have to have the knowledge and skill to make the proper diagnosis and repair. Becoming ASE Certified has opened many doors for me in my life and has made me more marketable when looking for that next step in my career. I believe that I can use this status to show up-and-coming technicians that ASE Certifications are not just ‘a piece of paper,’ but an important tool of the trade.”
“To achieve world class status shows great commitment to the automotive trade,” said John Warrington, 2020 World Class Technician award recipient. “I wanted to show upcoming techs like my son, the importance of staying relevant and to keep pursuing knowledge to stay top of your field.”
“I believe all professionals should strive to achieve the highest level of certification and training required to be fit at their profession,” said Fadi "Eddie" Oweis, 2020 World Class Technician award recipient. “World class does just that and sets a goal for which all techs should strive.”
“I feel that World Class represents the zenith of qualification for technicians,” said David Frank, 2020 World Class Technician award recipient. “It displays commitment, talent, discipline and a well-rounded knowledge base.”
“In this industry, certification is everything,” said Jason Montini, 2020 World Class Technician award recipient. “Never settle for bare minimum. It feels awesome being a part of an elite group of skilled individuals.”
For more information about the Auto Care Association’s World Class Technician certification qualifications, timing and recognition, visit the association's World Class Technician webpage.