auto care career and education award
ACE Award - Auto Care Career and Education Award (formerly the Head of the Class Award)
The Auto Care Career and Education (ACE) Award was created by the Auto Care Association’s Education Committee to recognize industry companies truly dedicated to investing in the growth of their employees’ knowledge and skills, as well as offering professional development and career opportunities.
Award-winning companies are acknowledged as leaders in the industry because they provide their employees with both the culture that leads to career growth and the education and training needed for employees to reach their individual career goals. These companies, in turn, benefit from their investment because educated and engaged employees contribute to a more customer-centric, efficient and profitable business.
The Auto Care Association promotes the winning companies as examples of what leading companies are doing, outlining their successful programs, and sharing the return on investment each company experiences.
The deadline has passed for the 2019 ACE Awards.
Watch this informative CarmCast on the benefits of getting involved
2018 ACE Award Recipients
Small Company Winner
Ervine’s Auto Repair & Grand Rapids Hybrid
Headquarters: Atlanta, Ga.
- Ervine’s Auto Repair & Grand Rapids Hybrid is a family-owned and operated business, established in 1994 when Eric and Jamie Carlson purchased the shop. Eric took an interest in hybrid vehicles and opened up the Grand Rapids Hybrid portion of the business in 2012.
- Training and education opportunities for employees encompass a variety of topics like technical procedures, services standards, best practices and customer service.
- Employees have access to a variety of training opportunities, including Auto Seminars, NAPA Auto Care, Auto Value, Parts Plus, Women in Auto Care, ACDC Hybrid and many more.
- Training and education is provided to employees through a variety of methods, including on-site classroom, webinars and printed material as well as on the-job training and mentoring.
- Certification is supported for employees, such as ASE and ACDC Hybrid.
Large Company Winner
Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, Inc.
Headquarters: San Antonio, Texas
Employees: 36 at headquarters and thousands nationwide!
- The Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance provides multiple educational opportunities throughout their distribution chain from their headquarters’ personnel to their shareholder members, jobbers and repair facilities. These opportunities routinely keep all levels connected with the industry and ensure they have the means to grow within their career paths. Educational opportunities include online tools, in-person meetings and conferences, industry events, scholarships and other programs. Over 500+ program and courses are offered annually through Alliance University and Channel Partner technical training.
- Headquarters provides online training opportunities through Alliance University, their internal Learning Management System, to all members of the Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper family. Within this training system, the Alliance’s online classes help everyone expand their knowledge on topics such as automotive technology, human resources, safety, sales, and more. On demand training content is consistently being re-evaluated for all skills levels, and provides immediate test results.
- The Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance is dedicated to helping their professionals achieve educational goals through scholarships. More than $30,000 in scholarship funds are given away every year to Alliance shareholder personnel and staff. Additionally, all staff and their immediate family can apply for the Alliance’s scholarship. Scholarships include industry opportunities, such as the Northwood University Leadership 2.0 course.
- The Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance has turned their tri-annual Convention into a massive training opportunity by bringing 5,000 aftermarket professionals to Las Vegas for the AAPEX show during this year’s Aftermarket Jackpot. In addition to a full day on the show floor, the Alliance is offering hundreds of business seminars and technical training onsite.
- Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance’s nationalAuto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technicianof the Year program encourages their top technicians with the Auto Value, Bumper to Bumper, and Confidence Plus Certified Service Center network to complete ASE trainings, and participate in live and online channel partner manufacturer trainings. Finalists qualify for a testing trip held at the Bob Bondurant School of Performance Driving in Phoenix, Arizona. The winners, representing Auto Value in Canada, Mexico, and the United States as well as Bumper to Bumper in the United States, win a $2,500 cash prize, a trip to the ASE awards ceremony and recognized on stage at the Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance Convention or Winter Banquet in non-Convention years. In addition to recognition and prizes for winners, the Alliance offers ASE testing reimbursement through their Certified Service Center Program.
Past ACE Award Recipients
2017 ACE Award Recipients
National PRONTO Association
MOTOR Information Systems
Genuine Parts Company/NAPA
2016 ACE Award Recipients
Federal Mogul Motorparts
Painters Supply & Equipment Co.
Vic’s Service Ltd.
2015 (Head of the Class Award)
Automotive Supply Associates, Inc./Sanel Auto Part’s
Robert Bosch LLC, Automotive Aftermarket Division, North America
2014 (Head of the Class Award)
The Auto-Wares Group
Advanced Auto Part
Don McNeill Enterprises LTD
Eau Clair Auto Parts
Olympus Imported Auto Parts
2013 (Head of the Class Award)
Dorman Products, Inc.
Motown Automotive Distributing Co.
Tasco Sales Reps.
The Merrill Co- Arnold Motor Supply
2012 (Head of the Class Award)
Automotive Parts Headquarters, Inc.
Gold Eagle Company
Gustafson’s Auto Clinic, Inc./Tirecraft
The Timken Company
VIP – Parts, Tires & Service
2011 (Head of the Class Award)
KOI Auto Parts
N.A. Williams Company
Olympus Imported Auto Parts