Technician's Choice Award
About the Award
This award is presented by ACPN in partnership with the Car Care Professionals Network (CCPN), Women In Auto Care (WIAC), and the Young Automotive Networking Group (YANG). This category is for business-to-business systems that are either web-based or client-side install (app) supported. Client based installations need to have test environments pre-configured for ease of use during judging. This award is judged from a technician's and shop owner's point of view (an end consumer).
- Company Type: Distributors, Resellers, Software Solution and Content Service Providers
- Company Membership: Auto Care Association member in good standing
- An eligible system must support a business transaction.
- An eligible system cannot be manufacturer provided.
- An eligible system cannot be consumer facing.
- The entity entering their system for consideration must be currently consuming and utilizing industry standard data (ACES®, PIESTM) and best practices.
- Must have active subscriptions to both the the VCdb and PAdb
This award is judged by a panel of technicians and shop owners from the Car Care Professionals Network (CCPN), Women in Auto Care (WIAC), and Young Automotive Networking Group (YANG) communities, following the judging guidelines outlined below.Each judge scores the submission independently from all the other judges. Each submission is judged on five general areas, with each general area evaluated on specific criteria, and scored using on a scale from 1 to 4. After each general area is reviewed a total score for each general area is arrived at by adding the individual scores of the criteria together, dividing it by the total possible points you could earn, then applying the weight of the general area to it. Then an overall final total score for the submission from the judge is determined by adding the total score for each general area together.
Once all judges have submitted their scores an average of all the judge's scores are taken, and the submission with the highest average score is considered to be the winner.
- Each parent company may ONLY submit one entry.
- At least one representative from the submitting company must be present at the Knowledge Exchange Conference to accept the award in the event that the company is selected as an award recipient. If there is no representative present, the company will be restricted from submitting for any awards the following year.
- Entries must be received in full by the deadline (Entry Form, Participant Acknowledgement Form)
If the eligibility requirements listed above are met 100% for the award submission, the following judging guidelines are then utilized to judge the submission.
Each submission is judged on five general areas listed below with weighted percentages. Each year, the weights for each general area will change to focus on different areas of the submitted systems.
- First impression
- Best Use of Screen Real Estate
- Use of Color
- Use of Graphics/Logos/Fonts
- Ability to View Images/Digital Assets Where Available
- Overall Aesthetic Impression/Professionalism
- Overall Ease of Use/Ability to Find What You Need
- Speed/Load Time
- Logical Organization/Layout
- Reasonable Number of Clicks to Find Something
- Site Map Provided/Help Features
- Filtering and Sorting Capability
- License Plate Lookup
- VIN Decoder
- OCR Camera Integration
- Smart Recommendations (Cross selling based on repair occasion)
- Part Alias Search
- Geographical Awareness
- Attractiveness of Mobile Experience
- Lookup by Diagram/System
- Part to Part Comparison
- Job Management Feature
- Product Order Tracking
- Quote Building
- Order History
- Ease of Use
- How to Order/Where to Buy Feature
- Tech Support Phone Hotline
- Tech Support Chat
- Tech Support via Text Message
- Tech Support Email
- Ability to Provide Feedback/Ask Questions/Report Errors
highlights from previous award ceremonies
you could be next!
Female Shop Owners Connection Circle
July 20, 2023 to June 20, 2024
This Connection Circle is a place for female shop owners to connect and discuss specific topics each month. It is ran by Women in Auto Care superstars Jamie Carlson, Kathleen Callahan, and Michelle Tansey.
The Balancing Act Connection Circle
August 2, 2023 to July 3, 2024
Olivia Newton-Droney hosts a monthly conversation to discuss the challenges of work-life integration in today’s everchanging environment, celebrate our wins at work and beyond, and share strategies for maintaining our unique balancing acts.
Women of the World Connection Circle
August 30, 2023 to January 31, 2024
Roxana Rincon and Andrea Roman of AutoZone Mexico, host this international circle where experiences, challenges and tips are shared.
Generation Gap Connection Circle
September 12, 2023 to February 13, 2024
Savannah Musselman and Tanya Hunt want to help you navigate your career in an ever-changing environment
2023 Fall Leadership Days & Legislative Summit
September 20 to 22, 2023
The Auto Care Association’s Fall Leadership Days brings together volunteers, association members, and professional staff for several days of meetings aimed at discussing issues and initiatives that are currently affecting our membership and the industry at large.
2023 Market Insights with Mike LIVE: Inflation and Inventory Trends
October 5, 2023
Join us for this Market Insights with Mike LIVE webinar to hear about how aftermarket companies have adapted to higher interest rates, high inflation and changing economic conditions over the past few years.
Women in Auto Care Empower Half Hour with Liz Whalen
October 13, 2023
Are you looking for a dose of empowerment after a long week but find yourself overbooked and your calendar overflowing? Well, we have the perfect event made for YOU and your schedule! The Women in Auto Care Empower Half Hour series is your monthly dose of empowerment. In these podcast-style interviews on the second Friday of each month, hear from women who are shaping the aftermarket industry. Join us for the August edition of Women in Auto Care Empower Half Hour with Liz Whalen, President & CEO, Whalen Search Group.
HR Business Exchange Connection Circle
October 26, 2023 to September 26, 2024
HR Business Exchange Connection Circle is a place for HR professionals and Business leaders to come together to learn and collaborate on various topics that are current, hot button issues facing businesses today. The circle moderators and guests have a vast variety of experience across our industry and beyond. This circle will touch on all topics where people intersect with the business including trends, regulatory changes, and HR topics such as Labor Law, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Engagement, Succession, Development, DE&I and more.
76th Annual AWDA Business Conference
October 29 to 30, 2023
The AWDA Conference is a two day event of pre-scheduled one-on-one business meetings centered around maintaining existing relationships between the premier vendors and distributors of the industry
Import Vehicle Community Product & Marketing Awards Presentation
October 31, 2023
The Import Vehicle Community presents the 2023 Import Product and Marketing Awards, recognizing innovative products and marketing programs designed to serve the import aftermarket.
2023 Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX)
October 31 to November 2, 2023
Las Vegas, NV
For more than 25 years, Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) has been the premier global event representing more than one trillion dollar automotive aftermarket industry. AAPEX features over 2,500 automotive aftermarket manufacturers and suppliers showcasing innovative products, services and technologies to more than 47,000+ targeted buyers.
Import Vehicle Community Fabulous Networking Reception at AAPEX
October 31, 2023
The Fabulous Networking Reception is the premier networking event during AAPEX for the import community with executives representing the global aftermarket industry. The reception is a ticketed event open to Import Vehicle Community members, sponsors and guests.
Each award-winning company is eligible to use the ACPN Content Excellence logo on company literature, mobile apps and websites. Contact ACPN@autocare.org for image files.
- Gold - Parts Authority
- Silver - WHI Solutions, Inc.
- Bronze - Factory Motor Parts
- Gold - Parts Authority
- Silver - Parts Tech, Inc.
- Bronze - WHI Solutions, Inc.