Technician's Choice Award
About the Award
This award is presented by ACPN in partnership with the Car Care Professionals Network (CCPN), Women In Auto Care (WIAC), and the Young Automotive Networking Group (YANG). This category is for business-to-business systems that are either web-based or client-side install (app) supported. Client based installations need to have test environments pre-configured for ease of use during judging. This award is judged from a technician's and shop owner's point of view (an end consumer).
- Company Type: Distributors, Resellers, Software Solution and Content Service Providers
- Company Membership: Auto Care Association member in good standing
- An eligible system must support a business transaction.
- An eligible system cannot be manufacturer provided.
- An eligible system cannot be consumer facing.
- The entity entering their system for consideration must be currently consuming and utilizing industry standard data (ACES, PIES) and best practices.
This award is judged by a panel of technicians and shop owners from the Car Care Professionals Network (CCPN), Women in Auto Care (WIAC), and Young Automotive Networking Group (YANG) communities, following the judging guidelines outlined below.Each judge scores the submission independently from all the other judges. Each submission is judged on five general areas, with each general area evaluated on specific criteria, and scored using on a scale from 1 to 4. After each general area is reviewed a total score for each general area is arrived at by adding the individual scores of the criteria together, dividing it by the total possible points you could earn, then applying the weight of the general area to it. Then an overall final total score for the submission from the judge is determined by adding the total score for each general area together.
Once all judges have submitted their scores an average of all the judge's scores are taken, and the submission with the highest average score is considered to be the winner.
- Each parent company may ONLY submit one entry.
- At least one representative from the submitting company must be present at the Knowledge Exchange Conference to accept the award in the event that the company is selected as an award recipient. If there is no representative present, the company will be restricted from submitting for any awards the following year.
- Entries must be received in full by the deadline (Entry Form, Participant Acknowledgement Form)
If the eligibility requirements listed above are met 100% for the award submission, the following judging guidelines are then utilized to judge the submission.
Each submission is judged on five general areas listed below with weighted percentages. Each year, the weights for each general area will change to focus on different areas of the submitted systems.
- First impression
- Best Use of Screen Real Estate
- Use of Color
- Use of Graphics/Logos/Fonts
- Ability to View Images/Digital Assets Where Available
- Overall Aesthetic Impression/Professionalism
- Overall Ease of Use/Ability to Find What You Need
- Speed/Load Time
- Logical Organization/Layout
- Reasonable Number of Clicks to Find Something
- Site Map Provided/Help Features
- Filtering and Sorting Capability
- License Plate Lookup
- VIN Decoder
- OCR Camera Integration
- Smart Recommendations (Cross selling based on repair occasion)
- Part Alias Search
- Geographical Awareness
- Attractiveness of Mobile Experience
- Lookup by Diagram/System
- Part to Part Comparison
- Job Management Feature
- Product Order Tracking
- Quote Building
- Order History
- Ease of Use
- How to Order/Where to Buy Feature
- Tech Support Phone Hotline
- Tech Support Chat
- Tech Support via Text Message
- Tech Support Email
- Ability to Provide Feedback/Ask Questions/Report Errors
highlights from previous award ceremonies
you could be next!
2023 Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week (HDAW)
January 16 to 19, 2023
Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week is the largest North American gathering of the independent heavy-duty aftermarket industry. Join industry-leading distributors, manufacturers, WDs and manufacturers' reps to share knowledge and ideas that will impact your future success.
2023 Women in Auto Care Leadership Conference
February 27 to March 1, 2023
Palm Springs, CA
The event includes dynamic speakers, engaging sessions and the chance to connect with your colleagues and peers within the auto care industry. Our conferences have been accredited by Northwood University since 2012.
2023 Auto Care Connect
May 21 to 25, 2023
Auto Care Connect is the Auto Care Association’s collaborative industry event that brings together premier conferences in one location to maximize networking, collaboration and educational opportunities for enhanced industry connections.
2023 ACPN Knowledge Exchange Conference
May 21 to 24, 2023
Attended by most major manufacturers, distributors, retailers and parts experts in the automotive content space, the conference provides a focused and unique opportunity to learn, share best practices, network with peers, and interact with service providers in the content management space.
2023 Spring Leadership Days
May 23 to 25, 2023
Over this three-day event assigned committee members will participate in their respective community or committee meetings. This event will also feature an Industry Briefing as well as our REV talk session.
2023 Fall Leadership Days & Legislative Summit
September 20 to 22, 2023
The Auto Care Association’s Fall Leadership Days brings together volunteers, association members, and professional staff for several days of meetings aimed at discussing issues and initiatives that are currently affecting our membership and the industry at large.
Each award-winning company is eligible to use the ACPN Content Excellence logo on company literature, mobile apps and websites. Contact ACPN@autocare.org for image files.
- Gold - Parts Authority
- Silver - WHI Solutions, Inc.
- Bronze - Factory Motor Parts
- Gold - Parts Authority
- Silver - Parts Tech, Inc.
- Bronze - WHI Solutions, Inc.