ACES and PIES Data Award
About the Award
This category is intended to recognize excellent source data. This is separate from the “Receiver’s Choice Award.” Each submission will be one ACES xml file (and its matching PIES xml file) that contains a single brand. This award judges ACES and PIES files on a variety of criteria that ACPN deems as essential when creating best in class ACES and PIES data. Please see the judging guidelines for this award for more details. All submissions should be made directly to the data assessment partner as indicated on the entry form. The data assessment partner will sign a non-disclosure agreement if the submitter deems it necessary.
- Company Type: Manufacturer/Remanufacturer
- Company Membership: Auto Care Association member in good standing
- Subscription Status: Must have active VCdb, Qdb and PAdb subscriptions.
(10,000 – 49,999 applications)
(50,000 – 250,000 applications)
(Over 250,000 applications)
Gold Only (3 Total) – Per ACES application-count bracket
Each year, the ACPN Committee will select a data assessment partner, who will judge the ACES and PIES data files, utilizing the pre-defined judging guidelines outlined in this document. The data assessment partner will report the scoring results to the ACPN committee for final winner selection.
2022 Data Assessment Partner
- Each parent company may submit one entry per ACES application-count bracket.
- At least one representative from the submitting company must be present at the Knowledge Exchange Conference to accept the award in the event that the company is selected as an award recipient. If there is no representative present, the company will be restricted from submitting for any awards the following year.
- Entries must be received in full by the deadline (Entry Form, Participant Release Form, ACES and PIES Files)
The following judging guidelines are utilized to judge ACES and PIES XML files submitted by ACPN members for the content excellence awards presented at the annual Knowledge Exchange Conference.
Each submission must pass the eligibility criteria first in order to be considered for further judging. If a submission passes the eligibility criteria, the submission will then be evaluated in nine general areas using the judging criteria outlined below. The judging partner then provides the ACPN Committee the results of the nine general area judging criteria for each submission. The ACPN Committee then determines a total score for each submission by using weighted percentages for each general area judging criteria. The ACES and PIES xml file with the highest score is considered the winner. In the case of a tie, the contenders will be re-examined to arrive at a subjective assessment of appropriate levels of over-mapping, effective use of the Qdb, appropriate use of the Note and MfrLabel tags, and effective use of the PAdb.
The following criteria must be met 100% for both submitted ACES and PIES XML files to be considered for judging. For example, if one criterion is not met in one of the files, the whole submission fails, and will not be considered for further judging.
- Each submission will be one ACES XML file (and its matching PIES XML file) containing a single brand.
- Both ACES and PIES XML files must be a file produced for a trading partner
- Both ACES and PIES XML files must pass XSD validations
- The submitted ACES XML file must be versions 4.0 or newer
- The submitted PIES XML file must be versions 7.0 or newer
- Both ACES and PIES XML files must utilize July 2021 or newer published database versions (VCdb, Qdb, PCdb, PAdb)
- The submitted ACES file must use Qdb qualifiers partially or fully.
- (If the ACES file does not use both Qdb and Fitment Notes, the file passes)
- *NEW* The submitted PIES file must use PAdb attributes partially or fully.
If both the ACES and PIES XML files pass the “Eligibility Criteria” listed to the left, the XML files will then be judged on the following judging criteria for award consideration.
|15%||ACES||Applications are invalid VCdb coded configurations free|
|20%||ACES||Applications are overlap free|
|5%||ACES||Applications are duplicate free|
|15%||ACES||Qdb Level of Usage|
|10%||ACES and PIES||All part numbers in the ACES file are present in the PIES file|
*NEW* All part numbers have an Asset Type of (P04) Photo - Primary.
*NEW* All part numbers have both Marketing Description (MKT) and Feature and Benefits (FAB) text
|10%||PIES||*NEW* PAdb Level of Usage|
|10%||PIES||All part numbers have Package Segment content|
highlights from previous award ceremonies
you could be next!
Each award-winning company is eligible to use the ACPN Content Excellence logo on company literature, mobile apps and websites. Contact ACPN@autocare.org for image files.
- Gold - Small - NTN Bearing Corporation of America
- Gold - Medium - Continental Automotive Systems, Inc.
- Gold - Large - DMA Sales, LLC
- Gold - Small - CARDONE Industries, Inc.
- Gold - Medium - CARDONE Industries, Inc.
- Gold - Large - Delphi
- Gold - Small - CARDONE Industries, Inc.
- Gold - Medium - Tenneco, Inc
- Gold - Large - CARDONE Industries, Inc.
- Gold - Small - VDO
- Gold - Medium - Moog
- Gold - Large - Bilstein