ACES® and PIES™ - All Vehicle Types
About the Award
This award category is intended to recognize excellent source data and is separate from the “Receiver’s Choice Award.” Each submission will be one ACES® xml file (and its matching PIESTM xml file) that contains a single brand. The ACES® xml file can contain any vehicle type supported by the ACES® data standard. This award judges ACES® and PIESTM files on a variety of areas that ACPN deems as essential when creating best in class ACES® and PIESTM data. Please see the judging guidelines for this award for more details. All submissions should be made directly to the data assessment partner as indicated on the entry form. The data assessment partner will sign a non-disclosure agreement if the submitter deems it necessary.
Submissions must meet these requirements 100% to be considered for judging:
- Company Type: Manufacturer/Remanufacturer
- Company Membership: Auto Care Association member in good standing
- Subscription Status: Must have active VCdb and PAdb subscriptions.
- Each submission will be one ACES® XML file (and its matching PIESTM XML file) containing a single brand.
- Both ACES® and PIESTM XML files must be a file produced for a trading partner
- Both ACES® and PIESTM XML files must pass XSD validations
- The ACES® XML file must be versions 4.0 or newer
- The ACES® XML file can contain any vehicle type supported by the ACES® data stanard.
- The PIESTM XML file must be versions 7.0 or newer
- Both ACES® and PIESTM XML files must utilize July 2022 or newer published database versions (VCdb, Qdb, PCdb, PAdb)
- The ACES® XML file must use Qdb qualifiers partially or fully. (If the ACES® file does not use both Qdb and Fitment Notes, the file passes)
- The PIESTM XML file must use PAdb attributes partially or fully.
- *NEW* The ACES® XML file must use valid Part Terminology / Position combinations according to the PCdb. (If the ACES® file does not use positions, the file passes)
- *NEW* The PIESTM XML file must use valid PartTerminologyID / PAID combinations according to the PAdb.
(10,000 – 49,999 applications)
(50,000 – 250,000 applications)
(Over 250,000 applications)
Gold Only (3 Total) – Per ACES® application-count bracket
Each year, the ACPN Committee will select a data assessment partner, who will process the submitted ACES® and PIESTM XML files and provide the ACPN Committee with the raw scoring information for each general area of the judging guidelines for the award. The ACPN Committee then takes the raw scoring information provided by the data assessment partner and applies weighted percentages to the general area scores to determine the winners of the award. The submission with the highest score is considered the winner. (In the case of a tie, the contenders will be re-examined to arrive at a subjective assessment of appropriate levels of over-mapping, effective use of the Qdb, appropriate use of the Note and MfrLabel tags, and effective use of the PAdb.)
2023 Data Assessment Partners
- Each parent company may submit one entry per ACES® application-count bracket.
- At least one representative from the submitting company must be present at the Knowledge Exchange Conference to accept the award in the event that the company is selected as an award recipient. If there is no representative present, the company will be restricted from submitting for any awards the following year.
- Entries must be received in full by the deadline (Entry Form, Participant Release Form, ACES® and PIESTM Files)
If the eligibility requirements listed above are met 100% for the award submission, the following judging guidelines are then utilized to judge the submission's ACES® and PIESTM XML Files. If the submission does not meet the eligibility requirements 100%, the submission will be disqualified.
The ACES® and PIESTM XML files are judged on multiple general areas listed below with weighted percentages.
|Weight||Data Standard||Criteria||Scoring Note|
|15%||ACES®||Applications are invalid VCdb coded configurations free||Based on percentage of application records with invalid coded configurations. Over 5% will get a score of "0".|
|15%||ACES®||Applications are overlap free||Based on percentage of application records that are overlaps. Over 5% will get a score of "0".|
|10%||ACES®||Applications are duplicate free||Based on percentage of application records that are duplicates. Over 5% will get a score of "0".|
|15%||ACES®||Qdb Level of Usage||Based on the percentage use of QualifierID instances versus the sum of QualifierID instances and fitment note instances.|
|10%||ACES® and PIESTM||All part numbers in the ACES® file are present in the PIESTM file||Based on percentage of part numbers found in the ACES® file that are also found in the PIESTM file.|
All part numbers have an Asset Type of (P04) Photo - Primary.
|Based on percentage of part numbers in the PIESTM file that have an Asset Type of (P04).|
All part numbers have both Marketing Description (MKT) and Feature and Benefits (FAB) text
|Based on percentage of part numbers in the PIESTM file that have BOTH FAB and MKT.|
|10%||PIESTM||PAdb Level of Usage||Based on the percentage use of PAID instances versus the sum of PAID instances and user defined attribute instances.|
|10%||PIESTM||All part numbers have Package Segment content||Based on percentage of part numbers with package segment content.|
highlights from previous award ceremonies
you could be next!
Each award-winning company is eligible to use the ACPN Content Excellence logo on company literature, mobile apps and websites. Contact ACPN@autocare.org for image files.
- Gold - Small - NTN Bearing Corporation of America
- Gold - Medium - Continental Automotive Systems, Inc.
- Gold - Large - DMA Sales, LLC
- Gold - Small - CARDONE Industries, Inc.
- Gold - Medium - CARDONE Industries, Inc.
- Gold - Large - Delphi
- Gold - Small - CARDONE Industries, Inc.
- Gold - Medium - Tenneco, Inc
- Gold - Large - CARDONE Industries, Inc.
- Gold - Small - VDO
- Gold - Medium - Moog
- Gold - Large - Bilstein