– December 4, 2018 – The Auto Care Association
has announced a new trade mission to Colombia
on June 5-6, 2019 that is open to all companies in the automotive aftermarket industry. The trade mission serves as a business development opportunity for companies in the auto care industry seeking to gain first-hand market information and to meet with potential clients and partners. Meetings are pre-screened to match each participant’s specific business objectives.
BETHESDA, Md. – December 3, 2018 – The following statement can be attributed to Bill Hanvey, President and CEO of the Auto Care Association:
We are pleased that President Trump and President Xi were able to reach a temporary trade deal during the G20 summit in Buenos Aires to not raise tariffs on $200 billion worth of imports from China. Tariffs inhibit the growth of our industry and make it more expensive for consumers to maintain and repair their vehicles...
– Nov. 27, 2018 – The trend of buying aftermarket products online is increasing at a growth rate of three times more than the total aftermarket (excluding tires and accessories), and the auto care industry must adapt and evolve in order to win on the online superhighway. To help the industry take advantage of this growth, the Auto Care Association has compiled new research in its latest report, Disruptive Trends Shaping the Future of the Auto Care Industry: E-Tailing 2018
These two webinars are part of a new series being presented by the Auto Care Association’s Category Management Committee. The presentatons will provide retailers and manufacturers alike the opportunity to gain exposure to the latest technologies, research techniques, and data sources without the pressure of a salesman sitting across the desk. Members can then engage further and follow up on the information provided in the webinar.
– Nov. 16, 2018 – The Auto Care Association
, in partnership with the International Trade Administration
and the U.S. Commercial Service
, hosted the third annual International Matchmaking Program at AAPEX 2018
. The initiative is part of an award the association received from the U.S. Department of Commerce
to help the automotive aftermarket industry increase exports.
– Nov. 15, 2018 – Auto Care Association President and CEO Bill Hanvey testified earlier today before the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) in Washington, D.C. on the likely economic impact of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). The USITC instituted the investigation last month in response to a request from U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer following the release of the USMCA text.
– November 14, 2018 – The Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA), a community of the Auto Care Association, announced the addition of its newest officers and governors immediately following the conclusion of AAPEX 2018 in Las Vegas.