. – September 24, 2020 – Women in Auto Care, a community of the Auto Care Association, today announced the recipients of the 2020 Women of the Year Awards. The Women of the Year Awards include the “Auto Care Woman of the Year”, “Auto Care Woman of Excellence” and “Female Shop Owner of the Year,” which annually recognize the outstanding female contributors making a difference in the automotive industry.
– September 24, 2020 – The Auto Care Association announced today the recipients of its 2020 awards recognizing excellence in education, innovation and the next generation in the auto care industry. The awards were announced during the association's Fall Leadership Days event, currently taking place virtually, and included the Mort Schwartz Excellence in Education Award
, the Auto Care Career and Education (ACE) Award and the Impact Award: Four for the Future
– September 23, 2020 – The Auto Care Association, along with Michelin and Enterprise Holdings, produced a demonstration on Sept. 8 for the European Commission and other interested constituents around the world on the Secure Vehicle Interface (SVI). SVI is a standards-based technology that enables cyber secure access to in-vehicle data to trusted third parties. The European Commission is currently working towards delivering a legislative proposal on the critical topic of access to in-vehicle data, which will define the future of the mobility ecosystem in Europe and around the world.
BETHESDA, Md. – September 17, 2020
– The Automotive Content Professionals Network (ACPN), a community of the Auto Care Association, announced today they are accepting applications for the 2021 ACPN Scholarship. The ACPN Scholarship awards one (1) deserving individual, who has the passion and determination to pursue professional and personal growth, the opportunity to attend the 2021 ACPN Knowledge Exchange Conference.
– September 17, 2020 – The Auto Care Association hosted a technology data standards webinar for the Mexican automotive aftermarket on Sept. 9 in collaboration with ARIDRA
, the Association of Representatives, Importers and Distributors of Spare Parts and Accessories for Automobiles of Mexico.
– September 16, 2020 – Today, Aaron Lowe, senior vice president, regulatory and government affairs, Auto Care Association, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Intellectual Property Subcommittee in a hearing regarding whether legislative revisions are needed to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). In his testimony, Lowe pointed to the major changes to automotive technology that have occurred since the passage of DMCA in 1998. Lowe expressed that no one could have anticipated back then that today’s vehicles would become “computers on wheels.” Presently, vehicle manufacturers are increasingly using firmware and software to control the function and operation of nearly every motor vehicle part, according to Lowe’s testimony. In his testimony Lowe pointed to figures from Dorman Industries which demonstrated that in 2001, a Chevy Suburban had only nine electronic control modules, but a 2021 version of the same SUV now has 103 modules.
– September 16, 2020 – The Young Auto Care Network Group (YANG), an under-40 community of the Auto Care Association, is now accepting registrations for its first-ever YANG Virtual Experience. The event will be a completely virtual experience designed for young professionals in the auto care industry to find connection with peers, learn from industry experts and come together as one collective industry by sharing the best of ideas and solutions for today’s challenges—both inside and outside of the work space.