– February 19, 2020 – The Auto Care Association today announced registration is now open for its 2020 Paint, Body and Equipment Specialists (PBES) Conference. The two-and-a-half day event will be held May 18-20 at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown in Indianapolis, Ind. The PBES Conference is an annual education and business event that brings together the leaders of the automotive aftermarket paint, body and equipment industry.
– February 18, 2020 – The Young Auto Care Network Group (YANG) and the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA), both communities of the Auto Care Association, are now offering young industry professionals a chance to experience first-hand how the Auto Care Association and the auto care industry work through participation in the Next Step program
. The Next Step program gives future industry leaders an opportunity to attend and participate in the Auto Care Association’s Spring Leadership Days, a bi-annual event that brings together volunteers, association members and professional staff for several days of meetings aimed at discussing issues and initiatives that are currently affecting the association’s membership and industry at large.
– February 6, 2020 – The Automotive Content Professionals Network (ACPN), a community of the Auto Care Association, today announced the winners of its annual ACPN scholarship. The scholarship was awarded to three content professionals in the auto care industry demonstrating exceptional success within their organizations through professionalism, hard work and dedication.
– February 4, 2020 – Officially launched at
AAPEX last fall, UniLink™ is
the latest addition to the Auto Care Association’s suite of technology products,
in a collaboration with trusted vehicle data partner, IHS Markit. UniLink™, which is a data set provided on the Auto Care
Association’s Vehicle Information Portal (VIP), is a global vehicle identifier
that enables the automotive aftermarket to sell more parts in more markets.
BETHESDA, Md. – January 29, 2020 - Bill Hanvey, president and CEO, Auto Care Association, today released the following statement in response to President Trump signing the United States Mexico Canada Agreement (USMCA) into law:
“We applaud the Trump administration and Congress for working together to pass this critical trade agreement. It is noteworthy that the President will be visiting an auto part manufacturer, Dana Inc., as his first stop to celebrate the passage of USMCA. Our domestic auto care industry, which includes auto part manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and independent repair shops, greatly benefits from a strong trade relationship with Mexico and Canada. Mexico and Canada are important trading partners both as sources of imports and destination for exports in this regional trade pact. Together, they represent 71% of all auto part exports and 48% of all auto part imports, with $63B in exports and $76B in imports from Mexico and Canada combined. Having USMCA in place will allow our members to continue to provide vehicle owners with high quality and affordable repair and maintenance.”
BETHESDA, Md. – January 27,
2020 – HDDA: Heavy Duty rolled out its long-anticipated data standards solution
for the heavy duty aftermarket today at Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week (HDAW)
taking place in Grapevine, Texas Jan. 27-30. The data standard for heavy duty is
offered as a new expansion of the Product
Information Exchange Standard (PIES) and provides nearly two dozen product
categories in Heavy Duty data through the Auto Care Vehicle Information Portal
(Auto Care VIP).
– January 24, 2020 – The Auto Care Association
today announced the addition of Shehryar Fatmi as director, technology, under
its technology and standards department. Fatmi brings nearly two decades of
experience in IT operations, project management, IT enterprise management and
strategic planning. As Director of Technology, Fatmi will be responsible for the
oversight and growth of all aspects of the Auto Care Association’s technology
systems, tools, resources and data, including external-facing platforms and