BETHESDA, Md. – September 17, 2020
– The Automotive Content Professionals Network (ACPN), a community of the Auto Care Association, announced today they are accepting applications for the 2021 ACPN Scholarship. The ACPN Scholarship awards one (1) deserving individual, who has the passion and determination to pursue professional and personal growth, the opportunity to attend the 2021 ACPN Knowledge Exchange Conference.
– September 17, 2020 – The Auto Care Association hosted a technology data standards webinar for the Mexican automotive aftermarket on Sept. 9 in collaboration with ARIDRA
, the Association of Representatives, Importers and Distributors of Spare Parts and Accessories for Automobiles of Mexico.
– September 16, 2020 – Today, Aaron Lowe, senior vice president, regulatory and government affairs, Auto Care Association, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Intellectual Property Subcommittee in a hearing regarding whether legislative revisions are needed to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). In his testimony, Lowe pointed to the major changes to automotive technology that have occurred since the passage of DMCA in 1998. Lowe expressed that no one could have anticipated back then that today’s vehicles would become “computers on wheels.” Presently, vehicle manufacturers are increasingly using firmware and software to control the function and operation of nearly every motor vehicle part, according to Lowe’s testimony. In his testimony Lowe pointed to figures from Dorman Industries which demonstrated that in 2001, a Chevy Suburban had only nine electronic control modules, but a 2021 version of the same SUV now has 103 modules.
– September 16, 2020 – The Young Auto Care Network Group (YANG), an under-40 community of the Auto Care Association, is now accepting registrations for its first-ever YANG Virtual Experience. The event will be a completely virtual experience designed for young professionals in the auto care industry to find connection with peers, learn from industry experts and come together as one collective industry by sharing the best of ideas and solutions for today’s challenges—both inside and outside of the work space.
BETHESDA, Md. – September 10, 2020 –
A quick visit to www.carcare.org
can help shops, stores and auto care organizations tune up their websites with valuable car care information. The Car Care Council suggests four quick and easy website updates in advance of Fall Car Care Month in October.
– September 10, 2020 – Women in Auto Care, a community of the Auto Care Association, today announced it is extending the submission deadline for the 2020 Automotive Communications Awards. The awards are designed to recognize companies and agencies that provide automotive information to consumers and trade professionals through outstanding advertising, marketing, merchandising and effective PR. A portion of the proceeds from award submissions goes towards providing scholarships to women entering the automotive aftermarket industry. The new deadline for award submissions is Friday, Oct. 2.
. – September 3, 2020 – Women in Auto Care, a community of the Auto Care Association, awarded more than $100,000 in scholarship funding and starter tool sets in 2020. The scholarship funding was provided to 40 female students across the United States looking to begin a career in the auto care industry. What began as a $2,000 scholarship fund for the community in 2004 has now vastly expanded to more than $100,000 in funds for the third year in a row. Since 2004, Women in Auto Care have awarded more than $560,000 in scholarships.