BETHESDA, Md. – November 23, 2020 – The following statement can be attributed to Bill Hanvey, president and CEO, Auto Care Association:
“On Nov. 3, the citizens of Massachusetts made their voices loud and clear on the issue of vehicle data access, with an overwhelming 75% of voters supporting ballot Question 1. Unfortunately, the vehicle manufacturers are once again ignoring the will of the people and have instead chosen to pursue legal action against the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in an effort to halt the implementation of Question 1...
– November 20, 2020 – The Aftermarket Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA) Board of Governors today announced its newest officers and governors following the conclusion of the 2020 AWDA Virtual Conference, which took place Nov. 16-19. The new members joining the ranks of AWDA’s leadership will hold their positions for a two-year term, ending in 2022. As AWDA officers and governors, they will play an active role in providing policy advice and input to the Auto Care Association and the aftermarket industry at-large.
– November 19, 2020 – The Automotive Content Professionals Network (ACPN), a community of the Auto Care Association, is now accepting entries for the 2021 ACPN Content Excellence Awards. The award ceremony will take place at the 48th annual ACPN Knowledge Exchange Conference
on May 2-5, 2021, in Orlando, Fla. at the Hyatt Regency Orlando as part of the inaugural Auto Care Connect
Global support backing car data ownership for consumers grows with addition of Canadian automotive aftermarket association
OTTAWA, Ontario – November 18, 2020 – The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada today announced its support for the Your Car. Your Data. Your Choice.™ campaign, adding to the already growing movement focused on ensuring consumer access and control over car data.
– November 17, 2020 – The Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA) Board of Governors and the HDDA: Heavy Duty (HDDA) Advisory Council have announced the culmination of a months-long effort to unite two of the Auto Care Association’s largest communities: HDDA: Heavy Duty and AWDA.
– November 16, 2020 – The Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA), a community of the Auto Care Association, today announced the recipients of its annual AWDA Industry Awards. The winners were recognized at the 2020 AWDA Virtual Experience event. The annual AWDA Industry awards honor individuals and companies who have shown an exceptional ability to educate, innovate, manage and lead. Over the years, the list of AWDA award recipients has evolved into a who’s-who of aftermarket luminaries.
– November 6, 2020 – Women in Auto Care, a community of the Auto Care Association, announced this week a new partnership with Garage Gurus to create a new scholarship program for the upcoming Spring 2021 semester. This new program will allow additional funds to be provided to the 2020 scholarship applicants in the technician sector.