benefits & resources
The Auto Care Association is committed to connecting its members to each other, the auto care industry and to consumers. We help empower our members with access to networks, products, programs and resources to help their businesses thrive. The following resources and discounts are available to all Auto Care Association members.
Job and Careers
- The Auto Care Factbook: Auto Care Association members stay informed with an annual complimentary copy of the award winning Factbook, which provides a comprehensive overview of the entire auto care industry. In addition, Auto Care Association members receive a discount on all other market research publications.
- The Knowledge Center: Auto Care Association offers numerous free research publications and industry data to members. The Knowledge Center is a Web-based market intelligence library that empowers our members with 24/7 accessibility to select market research materials.
- Industry Indicators Report: This members-only report contains a statistical compilation of key variables that are released by a variety of government sources and independent research suppliers every month. The Auto Care Association’s market research department records this data, compares the new data to the same month of the previous year, as well as to a given set of statistical parameters, and then identifies the impact to businesses as favorable, unfavorable or indeterminate. This monthly report is designed to provide insight into some of the key indicators affecting the aftermarket industry and your business.
- Multi-Client Research: Designed to conduct research specific to the needs of a group of clients as opposed to providing general studies geared to non-specific audiences. A complementary 30 min consultation is available for members to discuss industry topic.
- AAPEX: As the annual showcase for the $405 billion global automotive auto care market, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) engages more than 147,000 auto care professionals from around the globe. At AAPEX, you will find all the products and meet all the people needed to grow your business, including auto care industry decision makers. The Auto Care Association is pleased to offer our members a drastically reduced exhibition booth price at the AAPEX show and complimentary access to the Auto Care Association Member Center adjacent to the show floor. Members are also welcome to attend the numerous education sessions, and networking opportunities.
- Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week (HDAW) is an annual business-to-business conference that focuses on the Independent Heavy Duty Aftermarket Distributor industry. Upon approval, members can exhibit at HDAW and receive the member-only booth discount and complimentary access to our business centers, as well as discounted registration for buyer attendees.
- Defending the auto care industry: The Auto Care Association is often the only national organization defending the interests of the auto care industry and protecting its right to conduct business. The Auto Care Association represents the auto care market and its interests before federal and state legislators and regulators to ensure that your concerns are recognized and understood by the country's decision-makers. The Auto Care Association actively communicates with legislators and lobbies for government policies that are favorable to your business.
- The Legislative Action Center: Members can get personally involved in legislative efforts by using the Auto Care Association’s Legislative Action Center to contact their elected representatives about important issues affecting the auto care industry.
- Aftermarket Catalog Standards (ACES): The Aftermarket Catalog Enhanced Standard is the North American Industry Standard for the management and exchange of automotive catalog applications data. With ACES, suppliers can publish automotive data with standardized vehicle attributes, parts classifications and qualifier statements. ACES also provides a machine-readable format (XML) for trading partners to use in exchanging vast amounts of catalog information electronically. Auto Care Association members receive a discount on their ACES subscription.
Job and Careers
- Auto Care Careers: Auto Care Careers is home for all of the initiatives designed to help our member companies in their employee recruitment efforts including resources to help members engage with colleges and universities, tools to help navigate recruitment using online and social media resources, and student scholarship programs.
- Industry Job Board: This service will include new features for organizations to help facilitate employment connections nationwide. The industry job board was created to help connect our member companies with high-quality employees and to recruit qualified industry professionals, recent college graduates and military veterans. Members receive discounted rates on job postings.
Continuing Education Opportunities: The auto care industry is always changing, which is why we offer so many opportunities for professional development—from AAPEX, the industry’s annual trade show, to segment-specific events and publications that deliver the latest industry news and insights.
- Networking opportunities: Auto Care Association members have the opportunity to connect with business partners at meetings and events throughout the year.
- Volunteer leadership: All Auto Care Association members are invited to select at least one of the nine distinct professional segment communities to join. Every segment community has its own governance, committee assignments and meetings, and many conduct their own conferences. Each community is represented on the Auto Care Association Board of Directors.
- Business Opportunities: our business is becoming more borderless every day—a rapidly-growing segment of the global economy. The Auto Care Association works to support international regulations and treaties that assist the industry's efforts to reach customers everywhere, and break down trade barriers in emerging markets. The association has an ever-increasing presence in the international automotive community, identifying and promoting international business opportunities for our members.
- Auto Care Insider: The award-winning Auto Care Insider is a bi-monthly magazine published by the Auto Care Association’s in-house editorial team. The magazine provides in-depth articles on industry and marketing trends, a hands-on Toolbox section filled with career tips and advice, coverage of Auto Care Association events and special programs and updates on association and industry news.
- Auto Care Insider Weekly: The Auto Care Insider Weekly is an e-newsletter of Auto Care news and events, as well as highlights from around the auto care industry. The popular weekly Capital Report is also included. Our newsletter is delivered to members’ inboxes every Monday.
- Capital Report: Published weekly by the government affairs department, Capital Report distributes an update of state government, legislative and regulatory news affecting the auto care market.
- Be Car Care Aware: The Be Car Care Aware campaign is a consumer education initiative that promotes the benefits of regular vehicle care and engages all segments of the auto care industry.