young auto care network group
The auto care industry’s dynamic and vibrant under-40 set finds its home with the Young Auto Care Network Group (YANG). YANG is a movement providing young auto care professionals in their twenties and thirties the opportunity to network with industry peers, enhance knowledge and improve leadership capabilities.
The Young Auto Care Network was formed in January 2014 with a desire to help young professionals establish a circle of peers to grow with alongside their careers. YANG participants are future executive-level staffers of the auto care industry that see the value in establishing connections with other young professionals that will one day be business owners and key decision makers.
Events of YANG include functions featuring industry leaders, insightful information, workshops with guest speakers and networking events – all of which aim to build networks, professional development and career development.
Benefits of joining
- Build a substantial network of other young auto care professionals by attending YANG networking events at industry trade shows, sales meetings and conferences.
- Gain knowledge, training and overall better understanding of the auto care industry.
- Gain direct access to decision-makers, influential thinkers and auto care industry leaders.
- Receive opportunities to participate in the Auto Care Association's volunteer leadership committees and YANG Advisory Council.
- Enhance your career by participating in an array of professional development opportunities including the Young Auto Care Network Group Educational Workshop, webinar series and YANGTime.
- Receive scholarships to attend learning workshops held during the Auto Care Association Spring Leadership Days through the Next Step program.
- Participate in YANG’s online community to connect and share ideas with peers, and get fast answers to important questions.
- Be recognized as a YANG member at industry events.
- Organizational value points:
- Help foster long-term stakeholders in the auto care industry leading to employee retention.
- Build a succession plan involving young professionals.
- Keep generation Y and X engaged in industry trends and events.
- Employees have a better understanding of the auto industry as a whole.
- Companies with active YANG participants gain more credibility and awareness in the industry.
- Companies gain from the training while scholarships allow them to participate.
- Networking will help enhance current and future customer relationships.
Membership is free. Apply now!
The application is also available in PDF form.
Join us on
The Next Step Program
The Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA) and Young Auto Care Network Group (YANG) offer young industry professionals the opportunity to develop lasting involvement in the auto care industry and trade association through participation in their Next Step Program. Here is more information.
Women’s Board Winter Leadership Conference
YANGster Meet-Up at The Loft Lobby Bar
Thursday, Feb. 5, 2015, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., Caribe Royale, Orlando, Fla.
YANG Advisory Council Meeting (open to any YANG member)*
Spring Leadership Days
Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Hyatt Regency, Scottsdale, Ariz.
*Guest attendance fee of $150 to attend Spring Leadership Days.
Young Professionals Program at AAPEX 2015
YANG AAPEXedu Session
Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2015, 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m., Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas, Nev.
YANG Networking Happy Hour at AAPEX
Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2015, 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas, Nev.
YANG Time - Educational Webinar Series
Thursday, January 15, 2015 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
When Business Meets Social: Using Social Media For Business Success
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
This is How You Do It – Secrets to Email Success
Thursday, March 12, 2015 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Tech Talk: What you Need to Know
April 2015 (date TBA)
Millennials: Future and Current Aftermarket Customers
Young Auto Care Network Advisory Council
Michael Rukov, One Stop Parts Source, Santa Ana, CA
Alena Van Cleave, A & Jay Automotive Warehouse, Redford, MI
- Chase Baxley, The Parts House, Jacksonville, FL
- JR Bishop, Federated Auto Parts Distributors
- Joe Davis, United Automotive Supply, Warren, MI
- Jenni Lucero, Gates Corporation, Denver, CO
- Alena Van Cleave, A & Jay Automotive Warehouse, Redford, MI
The YANG Advisory Council is accepting nominations to volunteer for 2015-2016. Employer must be a member of Auto Care Association. Apply here.
YANG welcomes the opportunity for company sponsorships for education and networking events. For more information contact